Please visit the website below for
We are trying to move all athletic traffic to this site, the Athletic Department and Boosters are working in coordination to have this be the go to site for all athletic information.
News Regarding School Sports & Physical Education Credits
Effective for the 2012/2013 school year, your participation on an interscholastic sports team may allow you to earn PE credits. This policy is not retroactive and the credits earned may only go towards fulfilling the graduation requirement for PE. You must already have earned 10 credits of PE at school, attend and participate in both practices and games. These credits must be applied for within 10 days of the end of your sports season. There is a purple form to fill out, available in the Counseling Office, and several signatures to obtain… so don't wait until the last minute to take care of business. (If you have already earned the necessary PE credits for graduation, you will not be eligible to earn these credits) Copies of the form, a flow chart showing you what to do and when, and a flyer about the new credits are available below.
At Montgomery, we offer a great variety of competitive sports, ranging from badminton to cross country to swimming.
For questions, contact Montgomery's Athletic Director Dean Haskins: 535-4686, for questions regarding a specific sport contact the coach of the team.
Girls Athletics 535-4673
Boys Athletics 535-4686
- Football (JV and Varsity)
- Girls' Tennis
- Girls' Golf
- Cross Country
- Girls' Volleybal (JV and Varsity)
- Girls' & Boys' Soccer (JV and Varsity)
- Girls' & Boys' Basketball (Frosh, JV, Varsity)
- Baseball (JV and Varsity)
- Softball (JV and Varsity)
- Girls' & Boys' Badminton
- Girls' & Boys' Track and Field
- Boys' Tennis
- Girls' & Boy's Swimming
- Boys' Golf
In order to be eligible to participate in sports activities, students must meet minimum requirements set forth by the California Interscholastic Federation, North Coast Section, Santa Rosa City School, and Montgomery High School.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Proof of physical taken after July 1st of the current school year.
- Student has earned a minimum 2.0 GPA, passed 20 credits during the previous grading period, is currently enrolled in at least 4 classes and is on track to graduate with his/her class.
- Verification of medical insurance.
- Athletic contract, emergency card and catastrophy statement signed by parent/guardian and student.
- Student is not on the Loss of Privilege (LOP) list and has no outstanding fines.
- Transportation fee has been received.
No student may tryout for any athletic team without completing all eligibility forms and receiving a signed clearance from the Main Office.
Here is the contact information for all varsity sports. To contact a JV or Freshman coach please contact the varsity coach.
|Basketball||Steve Bell (Girls)||538-4022|
|Basketball||Tom Fitchie (Boys)|| 535-8646
|Cross Country||Valerie Sell||539-1085|
|Golf (Boys)||Marcelo Bautista||528-5191|
|Golf (Girls)||Chris Giovannini||535-4673|
|Soccer (Girls)||Pat McDonald||481-3400|
|Soccer (Boys)||Jon Schwan||528-6767|
|Swim & Dive||Shelly Kelley
|Tennis (Girls)||Mary Lehman||547-5858|
|Tennis (Boys)||Paul Cornwell||528-5281|
|Track & Field||Val Sell||481-5149|